Monday, June 8, 2009

Cal's BirthdayParty!

Cal was so excited it was finally HIS Birthday! He wanted a Lightning McQueen birthday cake, we had a lot of fun! Grandpa, some of his cousins and Aunt Andrea were able to join us for his party!
We had A "cars theme " party. I made a road that went through our house out of butcher paper and some other fun decor. My sister Andrea and I were up til 12:30 the night before making all the signs! Thanks Anj! Here is everyone standing by the "Welcome to Radiator Springs sign" at the beginning of the road.
One of the first stops was "Ramon's House of Body Art" where we painted lighting bolts on every ones faces! Cal thought this was pretty cool!


The gang with their faces painted!
While the kids were outside playing with the lighting McQueen bubbles, Lighting McQueen pulled up and gave everybody a ride! ( I thought this turned out cute, I am not much of an artist or very creative but I thought I did a pretty good job! Plus the kids loved it!)
Opening presents!

Thanks everybody for the great gifts! Cal got pretty spoiled by everyone this year and loved it!!


Cal blowing out his candles
Cal with his table, you can see his Lighting McQueen cake on the table. (I think I used almost all the red food color, but could not get it red, any tips?)

5 comments:

Brett said...

Soooooo super cute, Great job, and Happy Birthday Cal

Kendra said...

You are such an awesome mom! I con't believe all the awesome stuff you made for this party. He will remember it for the rest of his life. Good job mamma!

The Behunin Family Story said...

I love the party! Cal is a very lucky child! You are awesome. Andrea is aweesome too for helping.

The Dell Family said...

That was such a way AWESOME PARTY. Those were some way awesome ideas too. The rino is my favorite of all.

Happy Birthday Cal!

Stephanie said...

Way to go with the party. I wish we lived closer so our boys could play!