Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Happy Birthday MOM!!

Instead of making this a sad post, (even though I am crying right now) I want to just mention a few of my favorite memories of my mom. When I was little I remember I kept having a bad dream, finally one night I went in and woke up my mom, she let me sleep with them that night, she also told me about a bad dream that she had when she was little, her dream was about her going to the bathroom in an outhouse on a hill on a snowy day when all of a sudden a big snowball started rolling down the hill and over all of the kids and she didn't know because she was inside and it ended up rolling right over her. All you could see was the big snowball with little hands and feet sticking out. I remember laughing with my mom telling her that that was a funny dream not a scary dream. I also remember driving one night with my mom back in the hills and us both pulling the car over because we both saw something in the sky , we sat and watched it until it disappeared, I still to this day think it was a UFO! Ha Thanks mom for all the great memories! I miss you and wish so much that the rest of my little family had the chance of knowing you on this earth! We love you!

2 comments:

The Behunin Family Story said...

Danell I love your post. It is important to always remember the good times. I love to celebrate the wonderful person that Mom is. I always remember laughing at Mom's dream. I love you Danell.

The Dell Family said...

That was a beautiful post. I loved it too. Even with all the hustle and bustle I have been having there was no way I could forget it was her Birthday. Your post made me cry too:) And I still think you guys are smoking something. It wasn't a UFO