Sunday, June 6, 2010

Delivery


I got in my room around 10:30 Sat night, Adrian went home for a little bit to pack our stuff and get the babysitters situated. I was having contractions every 3-4 minutes and my Dr. prescribed me a little pain killer to make me a little sleepy plus it took the edge off of my contractions enough for me to hold off on the epidural. We had a long sleepless night and about 6:00am I got my epidural. The entire time I was in the hospital the baby's heart beat was on the low side of what it was suppose to be and the last few hours it dropped below where it was suppose to be, so they had to hook the heart monitor on the top of her head inside of me (which left a pretty good bruise on her head). My Blood pressure dropped pretty low, so I had to have oxygen (which drove me nuts!)

While I was pushing, I think Adrian sensed something and backed away and told the Dr, that he would just watch (normally Adrian is in on the action and helps deliver the baby). Sure enough the nurses were telling me to push and my Dr told me to stop pushing and to slow down.

The cord ended up being wrapped around her neck 2 times, but my awesome doctor that we absolutely love, quickly fixed the problem, and all was well!
I did get sick with this one and was throwing up and very week the rest of the day. I could barely hold Bella because of it until that evening.

The boys came that evening to see their new baby sister and me!




They sure love giving her kisses and squeezes! It was a great Mother's day, one I will never forget!

3 comments:

The Dell Family said...

So Darling! I am so glad everything turned out so well and you had no complications.

The Behunin Family Story said...

I love little Caders giving her a kiss.

Brett said...

Cadders thinks he is being such a good big brother even though in one of the pictures you can tell Bella isn't a big fan. He is way cute with her though.