Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Labor


My due date was May 11 and on Friday, May 7, I was barely dilated to a 2. We didn't know what to think because with Cal I was dilated at a 3 a month before he was due, and I went into labor on his due date. With Cade I wasn't dilating at all and I went into labor 2 weeks early.

All we knew is we were ready to have this baby. I started going on walks a few days before, "A" a foreign exchange student at our church came over and cooked us Spicy Thai food Thurs. night, and Sat night we decided to go out, we had one of the girls from our church come and babysit and we headed out for dinner. We went out and got wings for dinner, spicy of course, and while we were there I had a couple of contractions, which was exciting, after dinner we decided we had to going walking, not just anywhere, we had to go to a STORE. (Cal my water broke at Target, Cade my water broke at Costco). We went to Target and started walking around, both of us were thinking this is a waste of time, like if my water is going to break tonight at Target. But we were enjoying ourselves and decided to continue, when all of a sudden I had a contraction, a little while later, I had another, so we thought this is fun lets time them. We started to time them and they were 7 min apart. My Dr told me if I was having contractions 7-10 min apart to go to the hospital, but we were still hesitant, so we kept walking. By now my back started to hurt so we decided instead of driving all the way home and coming all the way back maybe I should just go to the hospital and get things checked out. By the time we got to the hospital my contractions were 4 min. apart and getting pretty painful. The nurse checked me and I was STILL at a 2, I was so disappointed, but she said she needed me to stay for an hour so they could monitor my contractions and they would check me again. After an hour, I was dilated to a 3 and they took me to my room!
I don't know if was all the walking, the spicy foods or what that put me into labor, but Adrian and I seem to think it was TARGET!!
So all 3 of my kids I have started labor at a store, pretty funny!

4 comments:

Jared and Tanya's Family said...

That is pretty funny. I love your story. Maybe I will get my on there in the near future.

Brett said...

I agree it was Target. She is super cute, more pictures please.

The Behunin Family Story said...

I agree with Casandra. Post some more pictures. You and your stores!

The Dell Family said...

That's fun! I guess that means everyone will know were to find you around your due date for future pregnancies!!!